Friday, February 7, 2014

More Valentine traditions..

See I told you I love Valentines Day! :-)  A Valentine tradition I started a couple of years ago is putting a little treat in the kids' Valentine boxes that are hooked on their kitchen chairs.  I start on February 1st and do it everyday until Valentine's Day.  Some days they get a little love note on a heart, other days they get something small like a book or a toy.  But every day they get a little surprise when they wake up to eat breakfast.  Who wouldn't love that?!  I try to start stocking up on little things from the store early and stick them in a box in the storage room so I'm ready when February begins!  It's one of my favorite traditions!  This year I have tried to find some of their favorite things...mini Care Bears, new rainbow loom bands in fun colors, chapter books for our little reader Molly and mini monster trucks for Ben.


Today the surprise was something to share with each other and it was a big hit!  I can't say I found this gem on my own.  My sister in law ordered it for her two boys and when I saw it I knew the kids would love it.  It is a memory game with your own pictures on the cards.  Fun!  I ordered it off  www.pinholepress.com. When the kids opened it up they had fun looking at their pictures and picking out their favorite. Many games were played in the last few snow days!






No comments:

Post a Comment